Stay Safe – Headingley Chiropractic Clinic
On top of the guidelines sent out earlier this week, and in line with increased Government restriction, we are escalating our response to Coronavirus at Headingley Chiropractic Clinic.
We are enhancing social distancing via the following measures:
• We have spread the chairs out in the reception area and we are now suggesting that you only enter the building at the time of your appointment.
• Please come on your own unless you require a chaperone.
• We are endeavouring to contact anyone who is in the high-risk group laid out by the government.
Please see the details of this below:
• aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
• under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (ie anyone instructed to get a flu jab as an adult each year on medical grounds):
• chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
• chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
• chronic kidney disease
• chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
• chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), a learning disability or cerebral palsy
• problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
• a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
• being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
• those who are pregnant
Note: there are some clinical conditions which put people at even higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19. If you are in this category, next week the NHS in England will directly contact you with advice on the more stringent measures you should take in order to keep yourself and others safe. For now, you should rigorously follow the social distancing advice in full, outlined below.
People falling into this group are those who may be at particular risk due to complex health problems such as:
• people who have received an organ transplant and remain on ongoing immuno-suppression medication
• people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radiotherapy
• people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia who are at any stage of treatment
• people with severe chest conditions such as cystic fibrosis or severe asthma (requiring hospital admissions or courses of steroid tablets)
• people with severe diseases of body systems, such as severe kidney disease (dialysis)
If you are in this group, we strongly recommend you do not attend the clinic.
If you wish to discuss or would like a telephone consultation, please get in touch by calling 0113 2289888.
Please note: We will not be charging a cancellation fee at this time.
As always – we are recommending that you maintain a healthy lifestyle at this time including regular exercise and a balanced diet.
Many thanks for your cooperation in this matter,