Patient Safety Policy
Your safety is of paramount importance at HCC
At Headingley Chiropractic Clinic we are working really hard to keep you, our chiropractors, the team and the wider community really safe during this latest phase of the National Lockdown.
We have reviewed all that we have been doing at the clinic to keep everyone safe, and we thought now is the perfect time to invite you to continue to work with us in maintaining the Covid-19 safety measures already in place.
Please read and please follow our practice policy:
- If you have been identified as “clinically extremely vulnerable” please let a member of the front desk team know prior to attending the clinic as we have additional measures in place for you.
- Everyone attending the clinic is required to wear a mask at all times in the clinic, unless medically exempt.
Please bring your own mask if you have one. If you don’t have one or if you forget yours we will provide you with one.
Your chiropractor will wear a mask, disposable gloves, and a disposable apron and a visor/or protective glasses during your appointment/treatment. They will also wear a visor/ or protective glasses in certain circumstances.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival at the clinic. There is a hand sanitising station at the entrance for your convenience as you come in the front door. It is foot pedal operated to minimise surface contamination.
- Please leave as many accessory items in the car as you can. We recommend that you leave items of value (like jewellery and laptops) at home and we ask that you leave large coats in the car if at all possible.
- Please attend your appointment on your own unless you need a chaperone for interpreting service or for mobility purposes. If a child is attending the clinic for treatment then a parent/guardian may accompany them.
- All chaperones must wear a mask in the clinic.
- All chaperones must sign in for track and trace purposes.
- If you come to your appointment by car please use the link in your appointment confirmation text to let us know that you have arrived and input your DOB. Once we are ready to welcome you into the clinic for your appointment, we will text, call or come and get you.
- If you travel to the clinic on foot, by bike or in a taxi please arrive just before your appointment time as we have very limited seating in the reception area and we are only allowing one person in at any given time. You are welcome to wait outside if you prefer otherwise please ring the buzzer at the entrance to let us know you have arrived and one of our team will let you in once the waiting room is empty.
- The WC is open. We have increased the cleaning duties undertaken in the WC and we try to clean it every time it is used. We can’t, however, guarantee that it is cleaned after every single use and we ask that you take the usual precautionary measures to ensure that you stay safe. If it is at all possible we ask that you use the WC before attending the clinic.
- Please pay by credit/debit card if possible. We can, however, take cash payment as necessary and we have a process for handling money that reduces the possibility of cross contamination.
- REMEMBER – if you are experiencing any signs and symptoms of Covid-19 please reschedule your appointment. Covid-19 symptoms are as follows: new continuous cough, fever (above 37.8°), loss of taste and/ability to smell. Also, if anyone in your household has any signs and symptoms of Covid-19 you must self-isolate in line with current government guidelines.
- We understand that you may have to cancel at short notice due to this matter and as such we are a lot more flexible about our cancellation policy than usual. If, however, you do know well before your appointment we would be grateful if you could let us know as soon as possible.
Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly. We are at the clinic Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8 – 7pm, Wednesday 8 – 1:45pm and Saturdays 9 – 2:30pm.
In the meantime, we thank you for working with us to keep everyone safe and look forward to continuing your care.
Mark Butterworth, Sarah Dunmall and Team HCC