Coronavirus Update – HCC
Please join us in supporting our efforts to keep you, your families, all our patients, staff and practitioners safe and healthy.
Here at Headingley Chiropractic Clinic patient safety is a priority and we are working hard to meet the ever-changing environment around COVID – 19.
In light of the most recent guidelines, we thought it might be helpful to reassure all our patients that we are monitoring the situation closely and that we are putting the recommended guidelines in place.
From Friday last week, the government has asked us all to self-isolate if we have any of the symptoms of COVID -19.
These symptoms are as follows:
• High temperature
• New continuous cough (repeated for more than 2 hours)
At the moment the recommendation is to self-isolate for 14 days and to then log into 111 online to check what you should do next.
In light of this, we now asking all patients with any of the above mentioned symptoms to postpone booking into the clinic for now. If you have already booked in, and you or any members of your family have since developed any of the symptoms, then we ask that you call us and reschedule your appointment for after your self-isolation.
If you don’t have any symptoms and you are planning to come to your appointment, we have implemented an increased daily hygiene routine throughout the clinic and we are all personally following our newly updated procedures that align with regulatory guidelines. Details are available.
Along with the official guidelines on avoiding the virus, it is important to do everything you can to maintain a healthy immune system.
Here are a couple of suggestions:
• Eat a wide variety of fresh foods including as many fruit and vegetables as you can
• Avoid processed and high sugar foods
• Ensure you take adequate levels of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin D, C and Zinc
• Ensure you improve your good gut flora, including fermented foods, yoghurts and probiotics
• Rest and get plenty of sleep.
• Drink plenty of water (recommended 8 glasses daily)
• Reduce or stop drinking alcohol
• Try to reduce your stress, consider mindfulness, meditation
• Exercise regularly and we suggest that you opt to exercise at home or go for a quiet walk/ or run. If you want advice on exercises please get in touch.
Thank you all for your cooperation in these matters and indeed for your ongoing support and loyalty.
With every best wish,
Team Headingley Chiropractic Clinic