Headaches can be debilitating – they can make life miserable as you struggle to concentrate on everyday activities such as work, hobbies or even just talking to your friends and family. Contrary to popular opinion, it is not normal to experience headaches on a regular basis.
What to do if you experience headaches
- Keep hydrated – drink adequate amounts of water during the day.
- Keep cups of coffee down to a minimum.
- Monitor your stress levels and see if they are related to your headaches.
- Avoid regular use of painkillers as this can cause rebound headaches.
- Avoid using laptops (EG: I pads) without lifting the monitor to eye level and ensure you use a mouse and keyboard.
- Seek advice from a Chiropractor if your headaches continue on a regular basis, especially if you have not experienced them previously.
Chiropractic has been proven to help with headaches where the source is from the muscles and joints of the neck.
Our chiropractors in Leeds are trained in sacro-occipital technique, which is an advanced system of diagnosis and treatment addressing the whole body, including the jaw, skull bones and neck. It is an effective, gentle form of chiropractic treatment.
Through a free screening examination we can determine whether your headaches are coming from the neck, jaw or skull bones, and if so treat you accordingly. If we cannot help you, we will endeavour to refer you to someone who can.
If we determine your headaches are coming from the neck then you may benefit from coming to a health care class, where you can learn how to help yourself. This class covers topics such as exercise, stretches, posture and diet.
If you wish to book a free screening, health care class or just chat to one of our registered chiropractors please phone us on free phone 0800 122 3050 or email on email@example.com